Unity Point, St. Luke’s Hospital in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, has a part-time position open; 3 days per week (24 hours).
This day-shift position includes a weekend and holiday rotation. The position includes coverage of our Neurology/Oncology unit and older adult psychiatry unit.
To apply, please visit our website at www.unitypoint.org. Go to “Careers;” then “ Search Careers at Unity Point Health” using Key Word, “Dietitian.”
Posted November 11th, 2016
- Assess patient needs, provide interventions and document in patient’s medical record for care provided.
- Participate in care conferences, on assigned areas, and in regular contact with nurses and the interdisciplinary team.
- Counsel patients on nutritional care and needs, in assigned area, in accordance to policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement nutrition materials and programs to persons of all ages in the hospital or community including chronic disease clinics, Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab, and weight management classes.
- Present educational in-services to healthcare peers.
- Using Medical Nutrition Therapy, provide nutrition education to patients and/or families based on diagnosis.
- Understand/interpret reimbursement and funding for outpatient counseling.
- Collaborate with appropriate Mercy Medical Center staff to secure grants for outpatient programing.
- Collaborate with peers, disease specific, patient education within the continuum of care.
- Good working knowledge of normal nutrition and diet therapy.
- Ability to do patient nutritional assessment and to implement nutrition interventions.
- Good judgment in problem solving and planning of patient care.
- Maintains positive attitude in work environment and manages personal frustrations in a professional manner.
- Demonstrates competency in specific skills as identified in the position core Competency and the annual competency.
- Knowledge of the Nutrition Care Process as it relates to the nutrition needs of the patients and ability to apply all steps of the process.
- Knowledge of the Assessment, Data, Intervention, Monitoring and Evaluation (ADIME) charting format.
- Basic working knowledge of computer usage in the workplace and good verbal/writing skills.
- Six months of hospital experience is preferred
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree in Food & Nutrition or Dietetics or related field, is required.
- Successfully completed an internship in an Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics approved hospital or institution or attained Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics membership through other programs required.
- Meets continuing education requirements for Commission on Dietetic Registration and Iowa licensure required.
- Registered with the Commission of Dietetic Registration.; and Dietetic Licensure with the State of Iowa are required.
- Supervised By:
- Clinical Nutrition Manager
Two Full-Time Clinical Dietitian Positions at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics (UIHC)
At The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics (UIHC), located in Iowa City, IA, you will immediately feel the academic difference as you provide medical nutrition therapy in Iowa’s premier academic medical center.
The UIHC is seeking two Full-Time Clinical Dietitians for the Food & Nutrition Services department. In this role, the successful candidates will provide nutritional care to individual patients through assessment of nutritional status and education. Act as preceptors for dietetic interns. Act as a resource for nutritional expertise to physicians and other health care professionals. Demonstrate competency in patient care for adult and geriatric patients. The candidates must demonstrate experience working effectively in a diverse environment.
To review specific job duties, qualifications and to apply on-line, visit http://jobs.uiowa.edu/ and click on requisitions #69939 and #69938. Final candidates must successfully complete criminal background and credential checks and complete a health screening.
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Posted October 25th, 2016
Traveling PRN RD in the Vinton, IA area
This temporary position is 20/hours weekly at an acute care facility. The hourly rate is $35/hr. Any interested candidate can apply at: http://nutritiouslifestyles.com/employment/
Updated September 28th, 2016
Extension Program Specialist II – EFNEP/FNP Supervisor
Posted September 13th, 2016